Tuition Management Systems is honored to be the winner of the 2014 Paybefore Head of the Class Award! This award recognizes the Tuition Management System’s Refund Solution, specifically for the innovative, student friendly use of prepaid cards within the solution.
…Best use of prepaid functionality for delivering financial services and additional features, if applicable, to the youth/student/campus market. Includes reloadable and nonreloadable network branded, closed-loop and RAN card programs.1
Tuition Management System’s Refund Solution was built specifically for the higher education student, and with their use of the prepaid card (as one of three possible disbursement options), students have access to a robust, low cost option for their banking needs. Some features of the card include:
- The functionality and flexibility of a banking relationship with the card, such as online bill pay, mobile check capture, P2P transfers, direct deposit from any source, easy funds transfers to other banks/accounts, rewards programs and more
- No possibility of incurring overdraft and NSF fees
- Access to more than 52,000 surcharge free ATMs nationwide
- VISA branded for worldwide acceptance
- Alignment to best practices as suggested by the U.S. PIRG Education Fund, and cited in the “The Campus Debit Card Trap – Are Bank Partnerships Fair to Students?”, May 2012 as well as the NACUBO, “Student Refunds and Personal Banking at Colleges and Universities” October 2012 study, including low fee/no fee options, transparent pricing, etc.
- Parent and sponsor loads
- Dynamic online portals which include card history and easy access to self service features
- 24 hour access to expert customer service
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Click to learn more about the 2014 Paybefore Awards® Winners.
“An industry is only as good as its innovators. This year’s Paybefore Awards have demonstrated that prepaid, emerging and mobile payments companies always find new ways to address consumer, government and business needs,” said Loraine DeBonis, Paybefore editor-in-chief and chair of the judging panel. “We are proud to recognize Tuition Management Systems contributions to advancing the industry.”
“The companies and programs recognized in the 2014 Paybefore Awards are great examples of what can be accomplished when innovators apply thoughtfulness and payments technology to address real-world needs,” added Marilyn Bochicchio, Paybefore’s CEO.
Paybefore is the leading provider of information to the prepaid, mobile and emerging payments industry. Our fully integrated family of media properties includes: Pay News™, Pay Gov™, Pay Op-Ed™ and Pay Week™ email newsletters; the Paybefore.com™ online portal; the biannual Pay Magazine™ print publication; the online and annual print Pay Connect™ buyer’s guide. Paybefore also recognizes the best in prepaid, mobile and emerging payments with its yearly Paybefore Awards® and Paybefore Awards Europe™.As the payments industry continues to emerge and grow. Paybefore serves as a trusted partner.2